Thursday 27 March 2014

Runner Up Image

Roses and Daggers

This image is of roses with kitchen knife to replace the daggers due to I couldn't find any. I got the inspiration from an artist called Magritte who was a surrealist and it got me into surrealism, which I did at college. He had done a surrealist image of a rose and dagger that gave me an idea to do my own version of it and it took a while to produce. I took photographs of roses when I went to Coleton Fishacre and then back at college I used a light box. So my tutor came up with the idea of using kitchen knifes to replace the dagger. After I did all of this I used photoshop to make this image look surreal and then a few months later the City and Gulids photography competition came up I decided to use this image and also I had to put a description with it. A few weeks went by and then I got the news that my image was a runner up and it was going to be printed and put up in a London gallery for people to go and see and enjoy.




Before the Knifes 

Magritte a amazing Surrealist

No comments:

Post a Comment